Delicious Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirSlik

Assistant Cook
I recommend 2 cups flour and 1 3/4 cups of milk for ideal pancakes

Put your flour in a large bowl. Then add 2tsp baking powder, 1tsp salt, and a good bit of ground cinnamon (I always eyeball this part, when you mix up the dry bowl you'll want to see an even amount of specs of cinnamon in the flour, its hard to over do the cinnamon). If you want to add any other dry ingredients of your own now is the time. Then mix up everything until its well distributed and there are no large lumps of flour and such.

In a separate bowl add your milk. Then add 2 eggs, 1tbs of honey, 2tsp of vanilla extract (the lid is a tsp btw if you have one of those glass bottles). Melt about 4oz of butter then mix that into your liquid bowl. Once you have everything in there beat it till its very light and homogenized.

Now add your liquid bowl to your dry bowl and mix until all the lumps are gone from the batter.

Now get a nonstick pan (or skillet) and add some margarine or butter, doesn't matter too much, to your pan and use a spatula to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. You want your heat to be above a low heat but below a medium heat. You dont want them to cook so fast the side burns so that the rest of the cake doesn't get time to cook. If yo have to flip the cakes before you see bubbles, turn down your heat.

Pour in your batter in pancake size amounts (I usually do 5-6inch cakes) once your pan is hot, you will know your pan is hot enough if you throw a sprinkle of water in the pan and it evaporates immediately. Once you start to see bubbles come to the top of the cake its getting close to flip it. Just check it because different stoves cook differently. Once you flip it they really dont take much longer on the other side so dont wander off too far
icon_razz.gif

Get some maple syrup and enjoy!
icon_e_biggrin.gif

You can also add fruits if you wanted, just add it to the batter but dont make the pieces too big or the pancakes aren't going to cook right.

*Note* The first pancake will come out looking a little off because it had to soak up the extra butter from the pan, all the other cakes will come out looking like a delicious pancake.

Back
Top Bottom