Grain and Nut Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakechef

Executive Chef
These are similar to IHOP's "harvest grain and nut" pancakes. They just might be my favorite pancakes.

¾ cup quick oats
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup white flour
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Salt
1 ½ cups buttermilk or sour milk
¼ cup veg oil
2 eggs
¼ cup sugar
3 tbs. Finely chopped almonds
3 tbs. Chopped walnuts

Grind oatmeal in a blender or food processor until it resembles flour. Combine all dry ingredients and blend well. Add the wet and the nuts and mix until thoroughly moistened (don't over mix). Mixture will appear thin, let rest for at least 10 minutes to thicken. Cook on a greased griddle until golden.

Oh, thank you, bakechef! I've been longing for some pancakes but couldn't justify making (eating) them. These may be the answer -- they sound so good! I've never had the IHOP ones, but I'll bet that doesn't matter. :LOL:

They do taste like the original

In my head, the oatmeal, wheat flour and health benefits of the nuts cancel out all of the butter and maple syrup that I put on them....

I just saw that I need to add a thanks, too, to msmofet for requesting.

Can't wait to try these -- maybe tomorrow morning.

These made my breakfast lovin' heart beat just a tad bit faster.

I love when I have extra pancakes because they freeze so well and then I just pop them into toaster to reheat them! Cinnamon and nutmeg are great additions to pancakes that have oats / oat flour in them a la oatmeal cookie style. =)

Thank you. I may use some wheat germ, almond flour and flaxmeal to replace some of the whole wheat flour and oats.

The oats absorb some of the liquid, making a thick batter. If you make substitutions, just hold back on the milk a bit, to keep it from being too thin!

Oh yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm too lazy to make them now, maybe when the kids are back at school and my house is semi normal again lol!

Back
Top Bottom