Pancakes!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like my pancakes three each with over easy eggs sandwiched between them, a pat of butter on top than pour *real* maple syrup over that... a side of sausage goes well with this and a large glass of cold whole milk... yum.

Bob

you are very welcome sweetie. i never really liked pancakes or waffles because they had no flavor and were just a vechicle for syrup intake!! with the sugar, vanilla (or maple flavor which really compliments the bacon), corn and/or bacon give them so much flavor and i can eat them without syrup if i want and won't feel like i am eating a rubber hockey puck!!

i will look forward to your review. happy pancaking or waffling!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I should make a batch with sugar and one without to taste the difference.

I'd say it is a good idea. Now having said all of the above I have to admit, I do make pancaces both ways. When I am not pressed for time and can full around the frying pan, I add sugar, simply because kids like it that way. When I need to fry fast, meaning frying pan is super hot, fire is to the top. I don't add sugar, becasue the pancaces will burn.

As far as the recipe per say, I've made Good Weed's pancakes and my wife like them, she is american. The kids liked them too, but prefer my pancakes any time, but that is already separate discussion all together.

... i never really liked pancakes or waffles because they had no flavor and were just a vechicle for syrup intake...

I hate maple syrop and never ever use them on my pancakes. However they always have flavor and always taste good with out anything added to them.

Back
Top Bottom