Pancakes in a Can

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
served, of course, with that whipped cream in a can...

I don't think Goodweed has to worry about his pancakes still being the best.

Andy, thanks for the compliment. I've tried so many products claiming to make deliscious pancakes by "just add water and shake" or from a mix. There are even ready made pancakes that you just throw in the microwave. I just don't get it. I came up with my recipe, and once found, it was so simple to make great pancakes. The ingredients are simple, straight forward, and nearly foolproof. With so many proffesional staff striving to make sellable foods, you'd think someone could come up with a really quick and easy recipe. I did, and I'm not anything so special.

Babetoo; if you want to make a really easy pancake mix, that creates no waste, and phenominal pancakes, try this recipe.

5 cups all purpose flour
equivalent powdered eggs to make 5 eggs
2 1/12 tsp. salt
10 tbs. sugar
10 tbs. double acting baking powder
enough powdered milk to make 5 cups milk

Combine all ingredients together and place in an airtight canister. When you want to make pancakes for one serving, scoop out 1/2 cup of mix, add 1 1/2 tbs cooking oil, and 1/3 cup water. Cook over medium heat.

If you want to go camping, take the mix with you, and you won't have to carry fresh eggs or milk. Use for making waffles by increasing the ratio of lour to liquid to 1 /2 cup each, or 1 to 1.

I bet it costs less than the canned stuf, or the pre-packaged mixes, and makes a better pancake as well.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'll give it a try---one fresh waffle in morn sounds good--just like frozen biscuits make a good early morn sandwich
buzz

I think it's a great idea. Beats having to eat pancakes for three meals in a row when you're cooking for one. :LOL:

This is my recipe for the smallest batch of batter, since I would never use powdered eggs or powdered milk:

1 1/2 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
pinch salt
1 egg
1/3 c. oil
1 1/2 c. milk

Makes around 10-12 pancakes @ 1/3 c. batter each.

A good variation is to substitute 1/4 to 1/2 c. of the flour with Grapenuts cereal. Yummy and better for you. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom