Simple Apple Pancakes for those early mornings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasminEvic

Assistant Cook
Ingredients

• 250g flour
  • 500ml of milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 40g of granulated sugar
  • 1 vanilla sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 390gr apples ( about 3 medium size apples )
  • a pinch of salt
  • oil

Preparation

The eggs are mixed with salt, granulated and vanilla sugar.
Add the flour and baking powder and mix well - do not to make lumps.
Add the cold milk.
The dough must have the consistency of sour cream.
The apples are washed, grate and then mixed them with the dough.
In a pan, put a bit of oil and with a ladle take from the prepared composition and put in the center of the pan.
Bake the pancakes on low heat, turning on both sides several times to make sure they are baked inside.
Serve them warm with powdered sugar or honey.

8liE10F.png

Bon appetit!

I love pancakes that have something special added to them. Being a diabetic I don't add syrup to them. And most fruits has natural sugar in them. So I am happy with the sweetness they can add with the butter.

Welcome to our community. Lots of good information along with laughs.

Ingredients

• 250g flour
  • 500ml of milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 vanilla sugar
  • a pinch of salt
  • oil
Preparation

Add the cold milk.
In a pan, put a bit of oil and with a ladle take from the prepared composition and put in the center of the pan.
Bake the pancakes on low heat, turning on both sides several times to make sure they are baked inside.

8liE10F.png

Bon appetit!
Yum!. I'm saving that recipe, however, I'll have to make them for tea time as I'm barely conscious in the morning.

I add thinly sliced apples to the batter rather than grating them. I think adding grated apple would make the batter too wet. As it is, unless the conversions I did from ml to ounces and from gr to cups are wrong, the batter is way too loose before the apple. As written, you're calling for nearly double the milk-to-flour ratio. Any pancake recipe I've used (successfully, I might add) calls for more flour than milk. Is it possible, JasminEvic, that the measurements are posted incorrectly? Or did I do metric-to-US conversions wrong? Or does the grated apple perform more like a flour than a liquid?

cd, if you look for the right apples, you can bake pies from mid-July (in OH) until frost. Good baking apples come into season all harvest long. When we moved to our first home, Himself traveled for work and we had no kids. One year I got the bright idea of baking a different apple pie each week for his welcome home. Started with a Lodi apple pie in in late July, and ran up all the way until just before Thanksgiving with Melrose. He was in his glory, since apple pie is one of Himself's top three favorites. The only one we didn't like was because of the "healthy" crust - whole wheat flour with oil instead of butter. :ermm: :sick:

I add thinly sliced apples to the batter rather than grating them. I think adding grated apple would make the batter too wet. As it is, unless the conversions I did from ml to ounces and from gr to cups are wrong, the batter is way too loose before the apple. As written, you're calling for nearly double the milk-to-flour ratio. Any pancake recipe I've used (successfully, I might add) calls for more flour than milk. Is it possible, JasminEvic, that the measurements are posted incorrectly? Or did I do metric-to-US conversions wrong? Or does the grated apple perform more like a flour than a liquid?

Don't be afraid to try, it's loose and the grated apples give a bit more consistency you are correct there. I wouldn't worry about extra liquid coming from the apples, it will all evaporate once it hits the pan.
The solid content outweighs the liquid, no worries grandma knew what she was doing :chef:

This line in the instructions, "The dough must have the consistency of sour cream" and the photo of finished product should allay fear of too loose a batter.. :)
Ross

When I make apple pancakes, I separate and whip the whites. Makes a much lighter pancake.

MARK
I toss the batter fixings into the blender and let her rip. It really air rates the batter. If I am adding blueberries or other fruit, I add them after I pour the batter on the griddle before it needs to be flipped.

If the fresh fruit is out of season, then I will purchase frozen.

I toss the batter fixings into the blender and let her rip. It really air rates the batter. If I am adding blueberries or other fruit, I add them after I pour the batter on the griddle before it needs to be flipped.

If the fresh fruit is out of season, then I will purchase frozen.

Great tip, thank you, never thought of doing that :)

Ingredients

• 250g flour
  • 500ml of milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 vanilla sugar
  • a pinch of salt
  • oil

Preparation

Add the cold milk.

8liE10F.png

Bon appetit!

390? What happens if add 400 gr? ;) :) I'm sorry, just joking, had to laugh at such a precise amount of apple in a pancakes. No offence meant. :yum:

I toss the batter fixings into the blender and let her rip. It really air rates the batter. If I am adding blueberries or other fruit, I add them after I pour the batter on the griddle before it needs to be flipped.........

I'm not much of a baker, but I was taught the opposite by my late grandma, and I've followed her advice for pancakes because it works. Gently mix the batter until it just blends together, even if there are lumps. Overmixing results in rubbery pancakes. Same with cornbread.

Last edited:
Speaking of apple pancakes though, I have a lot of apples to use up and it sounds so good....:yum:

Last edited:
I'm not much of a baker, but I was taught the opposite by my late grandma, and I've followed her advice for pancakes because it works. Gently mix the batter until it just blends together, even if there are lumps. Overmixing results in rubbery pancakes. Same with cornbread.
Yup. Every pancake recipe I've seen has those same directions.

I was taught the same method. This combined with shredded apples and whipped egg whites was how my late mom taught me. After 50 years of pancake making, do not remember any complaints.

M

The only time I use a blender for "pancakes" is when I make a favorite of Himself's - palacinki. In our Polish house we called them naleśniki. They are known to everyone by the name of crêpe. The batter has to be thin and smooth. I never really got the hang of making them as good as his Mom or sister, though. I think I just might make that a project this winter!

Back
Top Bottom