Why do my pancakes look like this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are really going to do this, then there is only one real way to do it fairly. You will need to make a batch of each recipe, and serve them in a blind taste test to members of your family, without them knowing whose recipe they are eating. Tally their votes, and send them in for each recipe. It could be done as a voting poll, as were the Golden Chef competitions were. I think there will be a bunch of happy judges.:yum:

Now you just need volunteers to cook the pancakes.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
This sounds fair. Speaking for my own family, they have never been afraid to tell me if they like someone else's recipe better than mine. :ermm:

I also have several neighbors who I know would enjoy voting in a pancake throw down. Sounds like a good excuse for a get together.

I think we need to stick Bakechef in there too. We should probably let him know he's in the contest.

So:
Chief, Steve, Charlie, Bakechef, PF, Whisk.

And anyone else who has a love of pancakes!

I think it might be best to do next weekend, as some work and may not know they're in the contest.

Last edited:
I think we need to stick Bakechef in there too. We should probably let him know he's in the contest.

So:

I think it might be best to do next weekend, as some work and may not know they're in the contest.

I'm not in the contest...I'll be judging...have plenty of butter, maple surple and diabetes meds.

Should we maybe put this on a new thread, and can I also suggest maybe we do this over the Independence Day weekend? That will give us a little more time to prepare.

Should we maybe put this on a new thread, and can I also suggest maybe we do this over the Independence Day weekend? That will give us a little more time to prepare.

Good suggestions, I will give us all a couple of days to read up to here and let me know their preferences.

Name for the contest???

So:

See what happens when you leave a thread for a while!:D

Oh I wish I had a big family to feed, or still had a bunch of Boy Scouts hanging around. It would be fun to serve a big crowd one each of several pancake recipes. As I do not have that many people, and I am trying to lose weight, I will respectively decline from being a judge. :neutral:

......it won't stop me from trying the different recipes on any given weekend when my grandkids come to visit. Wish they didn't live three hours away.....

Okay we are set up for the contest. Only recipes from contestants should be posted. Questions about the rules should be PM'd to me and remember I work so may not answer as soon as you think I should. Dawg will be out of town soon...but she can answer Questions, too.

I'm in and already have my recipe posted.:D:chef: Bring em on. I've got two young men, about 19 years of age, and some friends our age to use as guinea pigs, er, um, I mean judges.:LOL: They're gonna be eating in high style.

I'm in and already have my recipe posted.:D:chef: Bring em on. I've got two young men, about 19 years of age, and some friends our age to use as guinea pigs, er, um, I mean judges.:LOL: They're gonna be eating in high style.

Chief, you need to post the recipe here: DC's All American Flapjack Flip-Off

to keep all the recipes in one spot that are entering the contest. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom