Bad canned tuna?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to answer you Kim and then we are going to close this thread. We don't need to argue here. In the context of the discussion, dented bloated cans were mentioned. It was mentioned further that botulism spores can spray out of this type of can. This is the dangerous stuff people were talking about Kim. And to answer you specifically, no I have never opened a 5 or 6 year old can of ANYTHING and hoped it would be OK. I'm sure the possibility exists that it would be fine but I'm not willing to take that chance. My outside personal limit is about 2-3 years, and fortunately for me, most cans have dates on them now.

I understand you feel people were implying you were foolhardy, that was not my intention and I see that is how it came across, my apologies. I'll speak for myself and say my only concern is that people make safe and healthy choices and not take chances they could avoid. You've already taken your chance and lived, perhaps you don't see what you did as risky, but it was, merely because your can was so old. Folks have shared what to look for and why it is dangerous. I'm sure now that the information is out there all will be well. Thanks everyone for being so caring about the health of our members. And I do apologize for upsetting you Kim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom