Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PBHEMP

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have a recipe for Bang Bang Shrimp that is similar to what Bone Fish Grill serves? Thanks

Is this what you are looking for?

BANG BANG SHRIMP - BONEFISH GRILL

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
a few drops of Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

Mix the above to make the sauce.

1 pound of shelled and deveined shrimp
Dry cornstarch to cost the shrimp in

Deep fat fry the shrimp until lighty brown.

Drain on paper towel, put in a bowl and coat with
the sauce.

Serve in a lettuce lined bowl, top with
chopped scallions. Enjoy!!!!!

That looks GREAT! I think.

Can you describe the taste of the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce? Does it taste like regular old chili sauce that you would use to make cocktail sauce? Sorta?

Lee

Me? Ummm I just surfed and found the recipe. I have no clue what the dish tastes like.

I've made this around 25 times in the past few months. Everyone just LOVES it! People can't ever get enough. It has the WOW factor! It's even good leftover - cold - should you be fortunate to have any left over. :D

The Thai sweet chili sauce is not like the chili sauce you find near the ketchup, etc. in the grocery store. It's sweet with a real nice kick to it! Don't try to substitute one for the other.

Please let us know, as Corinne has now made me want to try the dish. :) I am not a spicy eating person, but if it isn't too spicy? I could eat a little.

I say it's not too spicy. :)

Go easy on the Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce if you are afraid of the heat. The mayo really mellows it out nicely. Taste the sauce before you toss it into the shrimp.

I made 5 pounds of Bang Bang Shrimp on Friday night for a church thing - it was the most popular item out of about a dozen things & no one complained about it being too spicy. The sausage & cream cheese stuffed Jalapenos, on the other hand... Them babies were especially hot & I don't know why.

I use 2 pounds of shrimp for the amount of sauce listed in the recipe above.

Are sriracha and sambal comparable?

I have the latter and figure a few drops of that must be close enough.

Right?

Lee

LOVED it!! Absolutely loved it!

But then again, I am not a huge fan of shrimp, so all the flavors were wonderful for me.

My brother, who adores shrimp, said that the sauce masked the shrimpy flavor too much for him.

I would definitely make it again, for myself, and to serve to others.

Good one!

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom