Clarifying: Japanese Marinade for Fish & Shrimp Kebabs
Firstly, it seems that because I had mentioned two types of marinade and items to pair on the skewers, there was alot of confusion.
1) TYPES OF FISH THIS WORKS GREAT WITH ARE: firm and white, Cod or Fresh Alaskan Salmon, firm Seabass or Corvina ... ( since I live in Mediterranean, I would use Norwegian Salmon, fresh Cod or Sea Bass or Monkfish ) ... I personally would not use Mackeral, as it is on boney side for starters and it is a blue fish ... I prefer white fish or Salmon or Red Tuna ...
2) I would have the Fish Monger CUBE it ... so that it fits real nicely on the skewers, and I would tell him what your menu is ...
3) JAPANESE MARINADE:
Mirin or Dry Jerez wine
Fresh Ginger Grated
Kikkoman low salt or other Japanese sauce similar
a few threads of sea algaes
flake cayenne dry red pepper or a tiny tiny bit of Wasabi whisked in
salt and black pepper
minced fresh garlic
julienne sliced Daikon
4) after you have marinated the fish, pat dry and place on the skewers as follows:
fish, a disc of ginger, fish, a small onion, fish, a garlic clove, fish, Daikon radish, fish ... then, soak the skewer in the reserve marinade and lastly;
5) dip in sesame seeds as if to coat ...
6) and broil ... 3 mins. per side
*** I use cherry tomatoes, as I am a tomato aficionada, and the tomato gives marinades and sauces a lovely color and fragrance.
*** it shall be Japanese, based on Japanese products sold obviously for export Market ...