Bobby Flay´s Barbecue Spiced Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
:chef: During a visit to Savannah, Georgia, several years ago, we stopped at Restaurant Drayton 700 and thus, discovered a lovely B & B too ...

Here is a lovely way to prepare Shrimp or Prawns ...

:yum: bobby flay´s savannah barbecue spiced shrimp

1 1/2 tblsps. sweet Pimenton La Vera smoked cayenne paprika
1 tblsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
8 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
2 pounds of jumbo large shrimp or prawns deveined however, not shelled
1/2 cup EVOO
2 tblsps unsalted butter
4 scallions finely sliced

1. in large bowl, mix the smoked cayenne with the ancho chili powder, brown sugar ( 1 tsp. ), cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add the prawns and toss to coat in the spices.

2. heat 1/4 cup of the Evoo and add the prawns and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until curled and coral pink about 4 minutes; 2 minutes per side if Jumbo size.

3. add half the butter to the skillet, and swirl and swirl the prawns in it.

4. transfer prawns to platter and serve with a glass of chilled Sherry, Prosecco or White wine or cold beer like Grolsch Holland or Mahr´s from Germany or of your choice.

Have a lovely evening,
Ciao.
Margaux Cintrano. :yum:

This recipe does not indicate what to do with the scallions, half the oil and half the butter.

This recipe does not indicate what to do with the scallions, half the oil and half the butter.
I'd guess to use the scallions as finishing garnish over the shrimp. What do you think Andy?
kades

Andy: Recipe Correction

Buonasera Andy,

Your question pertaining to the scallions and the butter :

Step 2: add half or all the butter ( option selection for you ) and all the finely chopped scallions to the skillet, and swirl the shrimp in it ... Transfer shrimp to platter ... and serve ...

The extra butter : I know that my D.C. colleagues across the ocean, do use alot more butter than I do, as a matter of fact, I normally use Evoo as sub in my personal recipes ...

Since this, is Bobby Flay´s recipe, I had not edited the butter out ...

Ciao, Kind regards.
Margaux. Cintrano. :chef:

Last edited:
Andy,

The error is Evoo is not 1/4 cup. It is 1/2 cup.

I shall have one of the administrator´s correct it at the wkend. I do not like to do that ... however, it would be best to have it corrected. It is my lack of proof reading.

I take the blame.

Enjoy the evening.
Margi.

Andy,

The error is Evoo is not 1/4 cup. It is 1/2 cup.

I shall have one of the administrator´s correct it at the wkend. I do not like to do that ... however, it would be best to have it corrected. It is my lack of proof reading.

I take the blame.

Enjoy the evening.
Margi.

If the recipe is going to be edited, I suggest adding the 1 tsp. brown sugar in Step 1 to the ingredient list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom