"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
Old 05-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #11
Master Chef
Well - I'm on my way to Lake Texoma to join Mom and Pop (my step-dad) for a weekend of fishing over the Memorial Day holiday.

For bass ... it's dredged in seasoned flour (salt & pepper) and fried in a skillet. For catfish ... it's dredged in seasoned cornmeal (salt & pepper) and fried in a skillet. Sometimes he does his "blackened" fish with cajun spices ... sometimes (especially catfish) he uses Zatarain's Fish Fry.

Like Pop says - if you want "battered fish" and chips you've got a car and I'll give you directions to the Long John Silver's or Captain D's where the tourist eat ...

Doesn't mean that I haven't brought some fillets home to use in other recipes ...

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Michael in FtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 06:53 AM   #12
Head Chef
Wash fish, pat dry, dip in beaten egg with a little milk added. Dredge in flour that has S/P mixed in and fry in peanut oil. Comes out nice and golden brown and a little crunchy. Very good.

thumpershere2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
Assistant Cook
Thanks for all of the ideas guys. I picked up some of the Zatarain's since I found it at a local store. Ill be taking some hot sauce too, we will probably end up throwing a few catfish in the pan as well. Ill let you know how it goes, we leave friday the 26th
my65289stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:56 AM   #14
Sous Chef
I am sooo jealous, I will be breading chicken, making appys to freeze and getting totally exhausted over the long holiday.

IcyMist is offline   Reply With Quote