Canned Oysters for shooters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite soup has to be Oyster Stew. I was at the airport restaurant. I decided to have Oyster Stew. Pirate was about ten at the time. He was with me. When he saw me put a whole oyster in my mouth with a fat belly, he got so sick just siting there at the table. Had to rush him to the bathroom. Today he loves them fried.

At the beginning of December, my grocery store had a big supply of oysters in net bags. I picked up a bag to look at it to see how fresh they were. I found out. A couple of them squirted right on my glasses and face. I love oysters, but you really have to know how to safely open them. :angel:

I do love canned smoked oysters eaten with the prerequisite toothpick. Unsmoked canned oysters, not so much.

I'd skip it if I couldn't get fresh. Regarding those raw oysters in the grocery in plastic containers, we were thinking about getting some once and then I noticed that the lids were all bowed upward. Looked closer and they were WAY past their best by date. Just a word to the wise.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom