Coconut Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted to make this today, so I stopped by the grocery store this afternoon to see how their shrimp looked, and was happy to find some good sized ones.

This recipe is amazing. The dipping sauce is a must. :ohmy::yum:

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 234
I wanted to make this today, so I stopped by the grocery store this afternoon to see how their shrimp looked, and was happy to find some good sized ones.

This recipe is amazing. The dipping sauce is a must. :ohmy::yum:

OH WOW...that looks just fabulous Cheryl! Did you make any changes to the copycat recipe??

Thanks, ladies!

Kay, the only thing I did differently (which wasn't much), was that I added baking powder and salt to my flour because I didn't have self rising. :)

I cross posted this in today's dinner thread, too. lol

Last edited:
Ooops, too late to edit my above post, but I was just re-reading the recipe - a friend wanted it.

I did make a change in the recipe - I forgot to say I omitted the 2 TBLSP of sugar called for in the batter, and I'm glad I did. The sweetened coconut, plus the dipping sauce was plenty sweet enough. :)

Thanks Cheryl, I've made note of your changes on my copy. I also never have self rising flour on hand, and no reason to buy it. Since I'm not a baker, I have to check my baking powder expiration when I do use it.

If I make it I'm going to substitute the flat beer for coconut milk and hold the sugar too.

Last edited:
Thanks Cheryl, I've made note of your changes on my copy. I also never have self rising flour on hand, and no reason to buy it. Since I'm not a baker, I have to check my baking powder expiration when I do use it.

If I make it I'm going to substitute the flat beer for coconut milk and hold the sugar too.

Same here...as another pretty much non baker...don't you think they should make baking powder in smaller containers?? :ohmy: :LOL:

Let us know how the coconut milk works as a sub for the beer. I didn't bother to let the beer go flat, I just stirred it in, and I didn't notice any beery taste at all.

Back
Top Bottom