Here is my mother in law's recipe. She makes it for big family gatherings, so it makes a lot. Let me know if you try it!
5 pounds conch
2 large onions
2 big bell peppers
1 whole bulb of garlic
Cayenne pepper, or tabasco sauce if you like it spicy
(you can also add thinly sliced hot peppers if you like)
Oil for deep frying
1. Grind the conch in a food processor. Set aside in a big mixing bowl.
2. Chop the onion and pepper, and put together with the garlic in the food processor. You want the pieces to be very thin. Mom-in-law says you know it's ready when the smell burns your nose
Add to the conch.
3. Gradually add flour until you have a thick paste.
4. Add milk until the paste is sticky enough that it can stretch.
5. Sprinkle cayenne pepper (or add tabasco/hot peppers).
6. Heat the oil (you need it to be about 4 inches high). Drop the batter in, using a large spoon. Fry until golden brown.
Serve with a garlic-lime ranch dip or if you'd rather eat it the cuban way, with tabasco sauce and lime juice.