Cooking a whole fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@ Charlie D,

Off the top of my thinking Cap, there are thousands of sauces that would be lovely and sublime for fish, however, it depends on the type of fish too ..

1) Mornay ( Butter Sauce )
2) White Wine
3) Apple Cider (Sparkling) or a Cava ..
4) With Trout: Alsacian Choucroute with saukerkraut ..
5) Salmon: Perhaps a Citrus & Balsamic Vinegar ..
6) Salmon with a Teriyaki ..
7 ) Cod or Grouper ( Thick Firm ) Chunks: you may wish to dredge in almond, hazelnut or pistachio crumbs and sauté in some Extra virgin olive oil .. ( A dish in Napoli, called Frecole ).
8 ) Another wonderful dish is a fish stew: 3 Different types of fish, tomato, White wine, fresh parsley, fish stock / broth, garlic, extra virgin olive oil
(Called: Cacciucco) ..

I have the Paul Bocuse Institute Book on the classic Mother Sauces ..

Le Cordón Bleu book series are wonderful too there is one on sauces ..

Hope this has helped ..

Have a wonderful day ..
I am partial to the dill sauce served with garlic, not with mayo added. It works well with any fish. Romesco also works.

Salt Roasted Trout

I don’t know why, but for some reason I’ve been craving trout lately. Go know. I’ve collected several recipes for steamed whole trout; I’m fairly confident preparing that, also en papillote (same as steaming, really), and a few for roasted trout; more or less all very similar.

I thought I’d like to try something a bit different, and remembered a cooking show that featured salt roasted fish. I think it was a fairly large fish, though (a salmon?), and the trout available to me are quite small, so I’m not confident about the recipes I’ve found on the web.

Do any of you fine chefs have experience with salt roasted fish? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom