Cooking clams at home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In that case "some" have seriously disturbed taste buds. Ditto the people who think fennel tastes of liquorice.

Liquorice and anise are NOT the same flavour at all neither are they related in botanical terms. I like one and not the other.
There is something in fennel, licorice, and anise that tastes similar, though perhaps not identical. It may seem more that way to those of us who dislike that flavour.

Just looked it up on Wikipedia. Fennel, anise, and licorice all contain anethole.

There is something in fennel, licorice, and anise that tastes similar, though perhaps not identical. It may seem more that way to those of us who dislike that flavour.

Just looked it up on Wikipedia. Fennel, anise, and licorice all contain anethole.

I have to agree. All of these have a "licoricey" flavor to me. And I love licorice, the real deal! I recall the old style Canadian licorice pipes. There are differences in all of these plants, of course.

Last edited:
In that case "some" have seriously disturbed taste buds. Ditto the people who think fennel tastes of liquorice.

Liquorice and anise are NOT the same flavour at all neither are they related in botanical terms. I like one and not the other.

Once, another know-it-all named Julia Child inserted her foot in her mouth regarding others taste buds. She stated that eating spicy foods destroyed ones taste buds. Now I liked Julia and she contributed a tremendous amount of skill and knowledge to the food world.;) Got any credentials to back up that insult?

I have to agree with taxlady. They all smell and taste the same to me also. And I don't like either the smell or taste.

Here we go off subject again! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom