Cooking fish? suggestions right this way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Question!

This was my Dad's favorite recipe that he made up to approximate an appetizer from a restaurant. He smoked his own salmon & tried to do so on super low temp so it was as "cold-smoked" as he could get it. He smoked on a Big Green Egg, so I imagine there had to be some heat resulting in the flaking. I took this from the recipe he wrote for me. I just buy smoked salmon, which obviously doesn't flake. When I make the spread I sort of shred it with a fork.

I've never even heard of cooking smoked salmon, per se. I've used it in cooked dishes, like in choucroute or in phyllo, but never on it's own.

Salmon is best raw, period.

If you have to cook it, do so as little as possible, and I like that skin crispy.

I also like this , although I've not tested any part of this dish other than the salmon preparation itself, always had it with other things. It's a Ripert recipe.

http://theradioblog.marthastewart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/radioblog_recipe_Eric-Ripert%E2%80%99s-Barely-Cooked-Salmon.pdf

Smoked Salmon

Yes, I so agree. Smoked Salmon should really not be cooked but left as is and enjoyed in it's simplicity. Good to see a recipe to smoke salmon. I believe my Dad just made up his smoking technique, since he was not much of an online guy, and we lost him almost 8 years ago. Regardless, if I ever want to try to replicate his recipe I'll try this one.

Back
Top Bottom