Crab Stuffed Flounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I need to get some crab and flounder. This sounds good!

Crab Stuffed Flounder
Makes: 6 servings

1 ½# flounder fillets
1 c crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
1 T finely chopped green bell pepper
¼ t ground dry mustard
¼ t Worcestershire sauce
¼ t salt
ground white pepper, to taste
3 crushed saltine crackers
1 egg white
6 T mayonnaise, in all
¼ c butter, melted
1 egg yolk
½ t paprika
1 T dried parsley

Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Rinse the fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Combine crab meat, green pepper, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, white pepper and the crushed saltines. Combine the egg white and 1 T of the mayonnaise. Stir this into the crab meat mixture. Brush the flounder fillets with melted butter. Place in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish. Spoon the crab mixture over the fillets and drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake the fillets at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes. While the fish is baking, lightly beat the egg yolk in a small bowl. Stir in the remaining mayonnaise. Remove fish from oven and spread this mixture over the stuffing; sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Increase oven temperature to 450°F and bake until golden and bubbly, about 6 minutes.

I had crab stuffed grouper last night for dinner. It was great. I may try to make your recipe using grouper instead. I didn't make the dish (we ate out). What I really liked was that it was so satisfying without feeling stuffed myself. Thanks for posting it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom