cream cheese thingies you get from chinese rest.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicole

Washing Up
This is going to be tricky. I absolutly LOVE these thing you can get at a chinese rest. they are cream cheese and crab meat wrapped up in this dough and fried. does anyone have a recipe for them. I'm craving them soooo bad. Thanks so much if anyone does.

I hope so :D . do you have a recipe??? I don't know the names of them i just know that i love them and want some. :shock:

I don't have a recipe that I've tried but this one looks pretty good. Most of the recipes have about the same ingredients with slight differences.

Crab Rangoon

1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 6 ounce can crab meat, drained and flaked
2 green onions including tops, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon lite soy sauce
1 package of 48 won ton skins
vegetable spray coating

In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except won ton skins and spray coating; mix until well blended. To prevent won ton skins from drying out, prepare one or two Rangoon at a time. Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each won ton skin. Moisten edges with water; fold in half to form triangle, pressing edges to seal. Pull bottom corners down and overlap slightly; moisten one corner and press to seal. Lightly spray baking sheet with vegetable coating. Arrange Rangoon on sheet and lightly spray to coat. Bake in 425F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot with sweet sour sauce or mustard sauce. Alternately the Rangoon can also be fried in oil.

1/2 pound Crabmeat
-drained and chopped
1/2 pound Cream cheese
-room temperature
1/2 teaspoon A-1 sauce
1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder

30 Wonton wrappers
1 Egg yolk -- well beaten
Oil for deep frying
Chinese mustard -- and/or:
Red Sauce

Taken from a restaurant recipe printed in Gourmet some years ago. Combine crabmeat with cream cheese and seasonings in a medium bowl and blend to a paste. Place heaping teaspoonful on each wonton. Moisten edges of wontons with egg yolk. Gather the four corners of the wontons together at the top and pinch the edges together to seal. Heat oil to 375 deg. Add wontons in batches and fry until golden brown; about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with Chinese mustard and red sauce for dipping.

Back
Top Bottom