"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 02-08-2005, 04:51 PM   #1
Master Chef

Do you have a recipe that includes shrimp and linguine or

I'm looking for a recipe that includes shrimp and linguine or shrimp and spagetti or any other pasta. A recipe that includes garlic, butter, and olive oil would be awesome.

If you have a recipe you can share please do as I really want to try my hand at something new.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I like to take some wine and simmer it with some fresh parsley (dried will not do in this case), fresh chopped garlic. Let it simmer and reduce then add salt and pepper and a couple cubes of butter to round out the sauce. Add shrimp and cook JUST until done - serve over linquini or toss everything together.

Top with some chopped Roma tomatoes or cut grape tomatoes or better yet - cut cherry/grape tomatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt - cook at 350° for about 20-30 minutes - just watch them - you want them to shrivel and the flavor to become concentrated and sweeter. And top with the dried tomatoes and freshly shaved/grated Parmesan or Gruyere.

Top with more fresh parsley. A squeeze of lemon is also good in the sauce.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:34 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to masteraznchefjr
Hmmm shrimp noodle pasta eh. i got something

In one pot cook the noodles, while your cooking noodles

In a sauce pan you make a white sauce. Make a thin one with basil and some parsley.

Take shrimp and stir around in corn starch paprika, white pepper
Chop up onions and tomatoes

In large skillet pan w/e you throw in olive oil the cooked noodles and stir around with garlic. Add in like 1 cup of white wine or 3/4 cup. Stir around with noodles, add onions and tomatoes stir around for like 4 mintues or so until union looks done translucent w/e , add in the shrimp and salt. Stir around until shrimp is done probably like 1 minute on super high fire heat the white wine should be dissolved. Stir in the white sauce quickly. Add in basil. And serve garnish with parsley
masteraznchefjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! masteraznchefjr

I think I must be brain dead rigiht now - what does w/e mean?

Old 02-08-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to masteraznchefjr
whatever.
masteraznchefjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:02 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks

Old 02-09-2005, 12:43 AM   #7
Senior Cook

Do you have Boursin cheese over there? It is a herb/garlic cream cheese.

If not , perhaps you could substitute something.

Saute some chopped shallots. Add sliced mushrooms. Add a squirt of white wine, to taste. Let this reduce a bit. Add cream. Let this reduce a bit. Add boursin. Stir until blended. Add cooked shrimp. When just warm pour over cooked pasta.

I always use tagliatelli but I can't easily locate linguine here.

This is a quick what do I cook when I haven't planned anything meal. It is not very healthy though, so don't make it more than once a month.

pam
Old 02-09-2005, 01:29 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Style pasta with shrimps.Greek (Makaronada me garides)

1/4 cup olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, 1 1/2 cups drained canned artichoke hearts, chopped, 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, fresh parsley, oregano , 500 gr angel hair pasta or linguine.

Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Add shrimp and saute until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add artichokes, feta, tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley and oregano and saute until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer pasta to large bowl. Add shrimp mixture to pasta and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper if needed and serve.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #9
Master Chef

Wow great ideas guys........my mouth is watering! Thanks
Old 02-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Here's something I'd like to try. This is just off the top of my head, as it's kind of what I'd want after doing a pasta bar at work.

Heat a saute pan. Add some EVOO, and heat that for just a minute. Throw in a little garlic and chopped onions or shallots. Saute that just until you smell the garlic, about 30 seconds. Add the raw shrimp and cook just until they start to turn pink. Add some Pesto sauce. Once the sauce melts, add some linguine cooked al dente. Roll and toss this to even coat the pasta with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Plate the pasta, and garnish with Parmesan cheese.

Tags
None