Do you like Sushi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me know what sushi restaurant is good in your area....so if ever I visit I know where to go. :LOL:

sushi - Yummmm.

I love sushi, although I didn't always.

As a teenager, my dad used to bring me into Japanese restaurants for lunch, when I went with him to the office, and I always went with the Teriyaki or anything fried.

In the mid 80's, my sister dragged me to a sushi restaurant in D.C., as she was the lawyer for the owner. I had never eaten it and I was forced, basically, to eat it. I loved everything except the raw octopus. I spit it out in my napkin and she was forever angry at me for that. I couldn't chew it, it was too slimy and chewy. I couldn't get it down. I've eaten it since and I have actually come to love it.

After that, I became a bit braver and was dragging everyone to sushi restaurants in NYC. I especially love the yellowtail, the tuna, and the eel. I also love those sushi rolls, doesn't matter what is in them.

There is a great Japanese restaurant nearby my house in NJ that I have been to 1 time and want to go back to - Fujiyama on Route 57.

It has the most luxurious tasting sushi I've ever had and I've eaten at some famous NYC sushi joints, but not Nobu (oh how I wish).

I love the atmosphere of the restaurants too - so quiet, so mellow, and the sake and the wasabi and the pickled ginger. I have become quite a foodie since those early days. No one from then would ever believe it!

:D

Back
Top Bottom