Eel pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And are we going to get pictures? It seems you write/talk about these odd recipes, but we never see pics?

Well, mainly because I use morally questionable sources.

Actually my camera is a pain in the arse to upload stuff. I found out I have one on my phone, so there is that.

I promise you one thing, on Eel Pie Day, you will have a picture of said dish.

Third, anyway, eel as an endangered species? Have any of you ever canoed in Canada or North Eastern USA? They are all over the place. I consider them an invasive species, and I am gonna eat them, before the eat me.

90% of the eel sold in the United States comes from Asia, where, as I mentioned before, they are farmed in ways that are detrimental to the environment and can contain chemicals dangerous to human health.

From what I've read, most of the eel caught off the coast of the United States is glass eel, or babies. They're then shipped live to Asia and raised there, then imported back to the US as adults. They don't reach reproductive age in the wild, which is how they have become endangered.

Don't take my word for it, though. http://puccifoods.com/pucciseafood-...-american-eel-delicacy-many-future-uncertain/

Back
Top Bottom