"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 11-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Ok, I tried a few recipes today. Started with Iron Chef's Mediterranean Papillote dish. I think it's a perfect blend of flavors, but I played around with it. I love the anise flavor of the fennel, but the texture of it when cooked just didn't seem right. I did "matchstick" cuts for the fennel/carrot/zuchinni. I also felt the capers were a bit too much for me in this steamed dish. The recipe also generated some broth that was quite tasty, which gave me an idea.

Round two, I left the fennel out and added a chiffonade of basil which retains some of that anise flavor. I cut the seeded zuchinni and carrot into small dice, and added some mashed garlic. Three chopped San Marzano tomatoes (w/about 1/2oz of juice), some diced black olive, a few chili flakes, a fresh sprig of thyme, and a pinch of dried oregano. I then added some rinsed couscous around the fish, added about an ounce of sauvignon blanc and a tablespoon or so of EVOO. S&P. That was good.

I also tried a CIA recipe that was ok, but not as good as the one above.

Made up a batch of taters en papillote too using new golds, olive oil, shallots, and chives. Ok, I've had enough steaming. Going to do a braise this weekend. Maybe Lamb Shanks.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #12
Sous Chef

I think I'm going to make this again tomorrow with the addition of some Pine Nuts. Lamb shanks on Sunday.

Such an easy and healthy way to cook! Tasty too.

Tags
None