Farm Raised Alligator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dixie_Amazon

Senior Cook
This was featured on the local news by Chef John Folse.

Creole-Braised Alligator Legs - Video

Creole-Braised Gator Legs - Print Version

The tail meat is a delicious fried and served with Red Remoulade Sauce or cocktail sauce.

img_855128_0_5b5cb9f94b8142eaa1724819f2be45da.gif

I've never been able to warm up to Alligator. Always tastes like fishy chicken to me. And while I love fish & love chicken, I'm not crazy about the flavors mixed together like that.

Two of my neighbors had tags to go hunting about a month ago...Both teams got their limit of two...We used some of the tail meat from one to make Sauce Piquant...Delicious over rice........

Two of my neighbors had tags to go hunting about a month ago...Both teams got their limit of two...We used some of the tail meat from one to make Sauce Piquant...Delicious over rice........

I like gator and boar. Both can be real good.

I've never been able to warm up to Alligator. Always tastes like fishy chicken to me. And while I love fish & love chicken, I'm not crazy about the flavors mixed together like that.

I once toyed around with writing a comic book with "Fishy Chicken" as the hero.

I like gator and boar. Both can be real good.

Now Boar I'd have no problem with, although I'll admit I've never had it. We did, however, used to have a local farmer who raised heritage breed Tamworth pigs that he allowed to free-range over several hundred acres of woodland. That was **** good pork!

Alligator, you can keep. If you like it, fine. Food is all about personal preference. It's just not my cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom