Favorite Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliev

Washing Up
What is your favorite fish to eat (can be more than one), and how do you like to prepare it? I'm not talking shellfish. My ultimate fave is salmon.. and I love it broiled with alittle butter and lemon....I also love salmon patties...with some good red pepper dressing.

I love to cook fish...but not a huge fan of eating it. Sauteed Pretzel Crusted Orange Roughy, with a Honey Mustard White Wine Sauce...is very bearable to me.

I love fish, but unfortunately to get it really fresh up here I have to travel accross Manhattan to go to the fish markets which I normally don't have time to do. I can sometimes get Salmon somewhat fresh from my local grocery store. I have a favorite recipe called Soy Salmon, but saw a recipe on the food channel yesterday that looked good it was pan seared salmon with at citris vinegar glaze. I think I will try that one next time I cook salmon.

Erik, WickedAnnabella, and Mree are friends of mine from a Chicago based DJ's message board. There's a recipe section on that board that we kinda live on.

When I found this place, I told them about it and the rest is history.

I love this place!!!!

RJ

Brook trout, about 10 inches long, dredged in flour, pan fried in a couple inches of oil, removed from pan and salted. must be from streams emptying into Lake Superior.

It's that cold, nutrient rich, pure water that makes the flesh so orange and flavorful. I like my walleye, but I'd eat fresh brook trout over a good steak any day of the week.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Smoked Salmon is really good and I also like catfish and gar both rolled in a flour and cornmeal mix and fried in olive, canola or corn oil and topped with fresh lemon juice.

ahi tuna, pan seared with black and white sesame seeds, with a wasabi/soy/ginnger dipping sauce.

Salmon and haddock. For salmon I just use a bit of canola oil and terryaki sauce, scallions, a bit of garlic, saute it in a pan. For haddock I mostly like it dipped in egg, then seasoned bread crumbs, a little lemon, butter, and a sprinkle of canola oil over the fish, and bake it.

How do ya like your guppies cooked???
10.gif

I like white tuna.... fresh..... uncooked..... wrapped in rice and nori, with a bit of avacado, lemon zest, a LITTLE bit of cilantro and wasabi. ;)
7.gif

So many to choose from and I love almost all of them. Well tuna, raw or rare is one of my favorites, but for a more well cooked fish I would go with any white flaky fish. Butter, lemon and breadcrumbs, baked.

I like salmon and tuna the best. I like those beause they do not have too much of a strong "fishy" taste to them

Yeah, I like most fish but not ones that have that REALLy strong fish taste :) I heard that you can fix that by cooking it with milk but I have not tested it out yet!

I love my guppies au naturel, swimmng in their little tank - they're like little love birds!

I don't like the really strong fish either, like mackeral or bluefish, tho hubbie is a huge fan of both.

I love snapper, bass, grouper, tuna - not a big fan of salmon, either; loved chilean sea bass, but won't buy it or order it anymore; same with swordfish.

Sushi - your tuna roll sounds awesome - I'll have to try that sometime!

Back
Top Bottom