This fish recipe hails from the island of Santorini which is the home of Assyrtico white grapes.
I have prepared this dish with fresh sea bass and / or cod fish. However, one can use any fresh firm white ocean, lake or river fish.
Codfish In Assyrtico White Wine
800 Grams or 2 pounds fresh Codfish or sea bass
2 cups Santorini Greek white wine from the Assyrtico grape
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cumin
2 cinammon sticks
2 Bay leaves
Juice of 1 lemon drizzled
200 Ml. Shellfish Stock
salt and freshly grinded black peppercorns
3 stalks of celery with leaves minced
1. place 4 thick fillets of fresh fish in a large saucepan and add the spices and the white wine
2. as soon as the wine simmers, add diced celery and leaves minced and lower heat to simmer
3. then add the shellfish stock and drizzle the Evoo
4. simmer until the liquid is reduced by half and slowly add lemon juice and salt and black pepper grinded
5. distribute the celery on plates and top with fish fillet and process remaining pan juices at high speed in a Food Processor or Blender and drizzle on fish ...
*** One can add onion and garlic if they wish to.
*** Serve with white wine from Santorini ( available in the USA and hot oven bread of choice )
Have a lovely Sunday.
Ciao, Margaux Cintrano.