Fish in crazy water ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
I was supposed to make a veal dish this weekend but the suppliers rang me and said they had got in to difficulty with finding it . I should hear later today if they can get it . Anywho my alternative dish was fish in crazy water . I have a recipe but was wondering if any of you well informed DCers had any to share for me to compare. Also the fillets i can easily get in short notice are hake , lemon sole , sea bass , cod , haddock , trout fillets . What fish shall i use i am thinking seabass ?

for calves osso busco yes. I have postponed it for a week if they cant get it.

Andy; a quick Google Search will give you a host of recipes for "Fish in Crazy Water. And they llok good too.;)

And I believe any firm whit-fleshed fish, such as cod, seabass, bluefish, halibut, orange roughy, tillapia, or pollock could be succesfully used in this dish. It would also work with some freshwater varieties such as small mouth bass, yellow perch, walleye (pikeral for our Canadian buddies), whitefish, etc.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I will attempt too do this crazy fish water recipe in a few weeks as my osso busco is now on again for saturday . Please PM with any questions etc

Back
Top Bottom