"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 08-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Fishcakes made with fresh trout

My friend and I came up with a way to not waste the meat after filleting the fish we catch. He came up with a fish cakes recipe using trout left over after taking a fillet from each side. We used to throw away the fish carcass. but now, using this technique and recipe, come up with 5 or 6 extra entree meals per summer. I just posted the recipe with pictures and it is quite tasty. It also incorporates may items from the garden. Its too long with the pictures to post here. I have read a lot here before and really like this site and forums.
Let me know what you think and any ideas to make them better.
Thanks.
Mike

Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNFL View Post
I just posted the recipe with pictures...

Where did you post the recipe and pics? Link???

Old 08-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Where did you post the recipe and pics? Link???
I was wondering too! Just didn't mention anything, I thought I might be the only one that didn't see the recipe post lol!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Master Chef

Leftover trout makes awesome soup.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

fishcakes

Thanks for the replays. They took off my link. If interested you can PM and I will send you my link. I don't make money and my website is for fishing and related topics with friends, so I thought it would be ok. I also enjoy cooking too.
Another Question: if anyone has a good way to smoke trout I would like to hear about that as well. I have never done it and have a new kamado smoker / grill.
Thanks.
Mike...
Old 08-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
Executive Chef

First, I looked at the recipe and pics and I don't think it's too long to post on here. I've seen some that were about the same length and it's a really good recipe with wonderful pictures. I'd say post it.

Second, for those looking for a way to his blog you can find it on his profile page under the contact tab. Currently the recipe is the top post.

Mike, I think you can put the blog address in your signature also, since it's a non-profit blog. I'm not sure why the link was removed from your post but if you email or pm one of the mods I'm sure they can give you more details about what is and isn't allowed.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

Yes. I can put my blog name in my signature. Thank you, and the moderator provided great help also. I apologize to all for distracting my message and recipe by having to figure this out during the thread.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNFL
Yes. I can put my blog name in my signature. Thank you, and the moderator provided great help also. I apologize to all for distracting my message and recipe by having to figure this out during the thread.
We all start somewhere. It's all good.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
Head Chef

And it just gets better, if you continue to give and take here at DC, Mike.

I've fried a basket of fish crackers, with fiery Thai & cool Ranch dip, for my basketball pals, too. Shredded smoked trout in cream cheese, plus aromatic herbs also makes for good chip dip.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #10
Master Chef

Wow Mike!! Those fish cakes sound and look deeeeeeelectable !!

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to DC. Hope you stick around because you'll like it here....good food, good folks and good fun.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recipe

Fishcakes made with fresh trout My friend and I came up with a way to not waste the meat after filleting the fish we catch. He came up with a fish cakes recipe using trout left over after taking a fillet from each side. We used to throw away the fish carcass. but now, using this technique and recipe, come up with 5 or 6 extra entree meals per summer. I just posted the recipe with pictures and it is quite tasty. It also incorporates may items from the garden. Its too long with the pictures to post here. I have read a lot here before and really like this site and forums. Let me know what you think and any ideas to make them better. Thanks. Mike [URL="http://norcalfishinglounge.com/"] [/URL] 3 stars 1 reviews