Fresh Oysters, What's a Chef to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbally

Cook
With my wife flying back home, I went out to do the shopping so we would not have to tomorrow. And to my amazement they Oysters had come in on the truck yesterday. Well what is a chef to do? Purchase oysters of
course. Darn lucky I did, her plane is being delayed and so she won't get in til after 8 PM tonight.
I washed the buggers off to get the sand out and the tagalongs off the outer shell.
oysters.jpg

Oysters on ICE, so much potential, what shall I do with them. Have them raw on the half shell of course! So I prepare to do the deed to the oysters, dispatching them quickly from living creature, to human food!
1stvictim.jpg

I like a heavy blade, sharp pointed, angle ground oyster knife with a big full tang handle. If I was going through these in the commercial kitchen I would put on the glove cause I would have about 200 to do. But at home
with six of them. I think I can manage not to lop off a finger.
insert.jpg

This oyster is about to become food! Really really fresh food.
open.jpg

Since the wife's plane is delayed, I will sit down to a little snack and hold dinner til she gets home. So I will need a TsingTao as it is an excellent beer with oysters. Plus some real nice Queen olives I picked up. That [URL="

The sauce served with them was Tsingtao beer ;-)

It is hard to stop at just six of them, but portion control is the way I manage weight.

I love Muscadet and it would be a great pairing!

Back
Top Bottom