This recipe hails from the fishermen at the old Port who travels far and wide, from the Lake Garda, to the Adriatic and Messina Straights of Sicilia to the Po River Valley ... He had told us, this combination deserves a try accompanied with Zucchini, Tomato and caramelized onion Chutney...
SWORDFISH & SALMON KEBABS WITH ZUCCHINI & CARAMELIZED ONION AND TOMATO CHUTNEY ...
( photo to follow )
500 grams fresh wild salmon without skin cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
500 grams fresh swordfish without skin cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 lemon or 1 lime drizzled
2 tblsps of Evoo prepared with chili pepper of choice or cayenne flakes
CHUTNEY FOR THE FISH KEBABS
250 Grams of peeled sliced zucchini sliced into 1 inch cubes
1 tblsp. tomato paste
50 grams of brown sugar
2 large onions minced finely
75 ml. Vinegar Balsamic Modena
1. prepare the chutney and simmer the zucchini, onion, sugar, Modena, and tomato with 100 ml. mineral still water
2. Stir until the concoction is very tender and the sugar dissolved and simmer 35 mins. on very low flame
3. cover the concoction and let cool, and refrigerate over nite
4. collocate 12 skewers with fish, cherry tomato, fish, bell red pepper and drizzle with lemon
5. drizzle the EVOO with the chili pepper on the swordfish and salmon chunks and refrigerate for 1/2 hr.
6. pre heat broiler or grill and sizzle for 5 to 8 mins. until fish is golden, however, not over done
7. serve with room temperature chutney and a lovely Prosecco DOC sparkling white wine or Rosé sparkling wine
Buona sera, Ciao,
( our light bite this evening with our neighbors )
*** photo to follow now