Fried Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callie

Head Chef
supper tonight:

raw shrimp, peeled, tail on
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 T red wine vinegar
1 T baking powder
1 c flour
Tony Chachere's Seasoning

Mix eggs, milk, baking powder and vinegar. Marinate shrimp for 30 min to an hour in this mixture. Remove from marinade. Season lightly with Tony's seasoning. Dip shrimp in flour then in batter then again in flour. Fry in 375 degree deep fat fryer until shrimp are brown and float to top.

callie said:
supper tonight:

raw shrimp, peeled, tail on
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 T red wine vinegar
1 T baking powder
1 c flour
Tony Chachere's Seasoning

Mix eggs, milk, baking powder and vinegar. Marinate shrimp for 30 min to an hour in this mixture. Remove from marinade. Season lightly with Tony's seasoning. Dip shrimp in flour then in batter then again in flour. Fry in 375 degree deep fat fryer until shrimp are brown and float to top.
Made a copy, this looks wonderful. I love deep fried shrimp as do the rest of the crew.
kadesma:)

Hi, Pete! Nice to see ya...

Yes, sorry - that wasn't very clear. You dip the shrimp in flour, then back into the original marinade, then in flour again. It's kind of messy - but worth it!

kadesma, I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as we did! :)

Callie thats very close to Tony's original recipe that I've been using for over 20 yrs, hands down the best fried shrimp in my opinion.

RosCoe said:
Callie thats very close to Tony's original recipe that I've been using for over 20 yrs, hands down the best fried shrimp in my opinion.

Can't go wrong with Tony, IMO! :) Have you used this marinade/batter on other things?

Panko.. is great for frying it makes a huge difference to the breading of the shrimp. It can be used solo or mixed with shrimp fry or plain flour with herbs and spices. Man, I think I will be having seafood sunday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom