"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 06-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Vicki - Your post has me very curious. You say that your husband split the lobsters in half and then removed the claws. Did he do all that while the lobsters were still alive or had you precooked them by boiling? If they were precooked, then I would think the grilling time frame would have been much shorter, like just long enough to get the grilled flavor. You say they were grilled for 45 min. I don't think I've ever seen 6 lbs. lobsters! My husband and I both love lobster, but always stick with the tails, as more meaty and less waste, as well as less work to eat.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:41 AM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats
Vicki - Your post has me very curious. You say that your husband split the lobsters in half and then removed the claws. Did he do all that while the lobsters were still alive or had you precooked them by boiling? If they were precooked, then I would think the grilling time frame would have been much shorter, like just long enough to get the grilled flavor. You say they were grilled for 45 min. I don't think I've ever seen 6 lbs. lobsters! My husband and I both love lobster, but always stick with the tails, as more meaty and less waste, as well as less work to eat.
Cats-My husband kills the lobsters as he was taught by a lobster fisherman in Ct. I couldn't tell you how this is done as I don't stay around for it. Then removes the claws and puts them on the grill-he does smaller lobsters a different way- after the "execution" he spilts them and puts them in a foil pan with beer, lemon,juice,chives,butter and red pepper flakes cover with foil and steams but, I don't remember the timing.With the bigger lobsters-one part I forgot to mention because he didn't do it this time is to turn the halves over on the gril for about 3 minutes-just to get the grill marks basically.
The biggest lobster he has ever purchased was 7lbs.Everybody thinks that they are tougher but,like anything else if prepared right the results are wonderful!!I agree with you whole heartedly about the tails being less work and a whole lot less messy,if my husband didn't deshell mine for me I don't think I would be bothered with anything but, the tail either!He even gets the meat out of the legs and tail fins!!

Tags
None