Grouper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to grill or pan saute/griddle (salt/pepper/lime) and then when almost done slather on some pesto, top with some freshly grated parmesan cheese and stick under the broiler.

When you grill fish you want to be sure to coat the grill with oil - this can be done with a rolled up paper towel and tongs. Drizzle oil on paper towel, hold with tongs and coat grill area you will be using.

Also, turn the fish once and make sure you have a large enough spatula. Watch the fish cook from the bottom up - when that cooked part has almost reached the center carefully turn it over. Once it almost reaches the center again remove it and tent it to finish the cooking process.

You can also marinate in a basic Asian style marinade - soy, dry sherry, sesame oil, spring onions, sesame seeds, brown sugar.

^^^Bumping to the top^^^

So my DH wants to cook this in a pan. We have crab legs to go with. I don't want the fish to cook up mushy whats the best way to cook it?

On top of stove....Fried would be good! Blackened would work. Sauted in butter, maybe with lemon, a little garlic powder, finish with parsley or dill. Or you could saute and go cajun/creole seasonings, maybe throw in some finely diced onion, celery, bell pepper.

That is what he likes...blackened. Never eaten it blackened let alone cook it.
Cajun sounds good. We like spicy foods.

All I knew to do was saute with butter and lemon pepper.

Heavily seasoned (cajun/creole) and blackened in a smoking hot cast iron skillet is good!
It creates a lot of smoke. I usually do this out side on a fish cooker. Inside it will challenge your vent/range hood. I'm getting hungry thinking about sauted grouper, with butter, lemon, cajun/crele seasonings, onion, bell pepper, celery, parsley, green onion, maybe a few shrimp thrown in for good measure....Yep I'm hungry!!

Then go with the Saute idea....with some/all of the veggies and creole/cajun seasonings. Think about the sauted vegetables as a "relish" on top/around the fish along along with the shrimp! Now I am starving!!!:LOL:

I usualy do something like this in the oven. On the stove top, I think I would use two pans...Sauted the veggies, and seasonings in one pan until crisp tender. Keep warm. Saute the fish in another with butter/seasoning/lemon. Plate the fish, quickly saute the shrimp (they want take long) Place the shrimp on top of the fish, and top with the veggies. (or veggies on fish then shrimp) Squeeze some lemon over all of it. I gotta eat something quick!!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom