"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 03:58 AM   #11
Head Chef
auntdot's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,418
When stuff like this is posted I ususally say the food is probably fine.

My sister will toss a cooked roast two days after cooking. We here are not that fastidious.

However would not put a bit of that stuff to my mouth.

The bubbles you are describing are consistent with an anaerobic bacteria given a free reign to grow, and C. botuilinum would fit the bill here well.

Would not just toss it in the trash if cats or racoons or other animals have access to it.

Would take it to the dump or bury it.

Normally I say eat the stuff but I truly believe you have a potentially lethal product. Toss it and do it properly.

auntdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:47 AM   #12
Sous Chef
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 905
Not to put too fine a point on it, but with sour cream being the medium, it is probably not botulinum but a lactic acid bacterium. NO matter, it is SPOILED. Would anyone eat sour cream that had sat out for a month, let alone a fish?

Candocook is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.