Help with shimp in cream sauce recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi this is Mandy

well this week end was pretty good actually, we really had fun, took the kids to the zoo and enjoyed alot , after that we went to this japanease resturant that serves sushi , only i didnt order that,
i orderd shrimps in cream souse with pepper , it was a bit salty though ....

i guess there was also white melted cheese there too .... and garlic ...
basil and parsley ....

do you have a recipe for a similar thing just not salty ????
was it the garlic and extra pepper that gave it that weard extra salty taste??

it could have been a good meal though ... it comes with rice or chips !

so ....

any ideas how to upgrade this recipe to something less salty
:chef:
Love, mandy

Cheese can sometimes be salty so I would not add any extra salt to the sauce until after I tasted it.

Cheese and cream sauce -- in a Japanese restaurant? Was this supposed to be a Japanese dish?

There is a creamy sauce commonly served with shrimp in Japanese steak houses. Recipes vary, but usually is made with a mayonnaise and butter base. It doesn't have cheese in it.

Here's a link to one recipe: Japanese Steakhouse White Sauce (Yum Yum Sauce, Shrimp Sauce, Sakura Sauce) Recipe . To find other recipes, search "japanses shrimp sauce" in Google.

I think if you'll read the description of the OP's dish it wasn't this shrimp sauce she is speaking of. She describes it as a shrimp in cream sauce with pepper dish. However, I DO want that recipe for shrimp sauce! Thanks for the link!!!! :cool:

Sorry Mandy, but, your dish just doesn't ring a bell...NOTHING comes to mind on what this dish is. Can you call the restaurant and get a general description of the dish? Maybe they will at least tell you ingredients??

Thanks all , i might just call them , the name of this Local resturant ... FRANGELICO ... ITS pretty amazing one ... they are japanease yes .. but i think they also make few dishes that are not also ...for people who dont eat sushi ... i guess what i orderd was one of them ....
anyway , iam sure i can figure it out .... i'll try ! :P

thanks for the recipe , looks Amazing !!!! :)

I've also tried this recipe in Japanese restaurant in Los Angeles. I like it!! but I'd say that recipe was not real Japanese food. I think it's fusion food. I've been to Japan several times, and I've never seen this recipe in real Jap rest. Anyway, I like Japanese fusion food ^^

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom