Horseradish crusted salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slett

Cook
What's my best method of getting horseradish & panco crumbs to stick to the fillet when I oven broil?

I'll tackle your question not because I know how but rather because I know what I'd try. I presume you mean cooking in the oven, not under the broiler.

I would beat an egg (or eggs), then roll the filets first in flour, then the eggs, and then in the horseradish/Panko mixture.

And then I would bake it, not broil it, perhaps 20-30 minutes at 350F. You should test for doneness during the later part of cooking, and you may need more time than my guesstimate. What you're looking for is the fish flakes with a fork, and has just lost its translucence in the middle. Or you can cook to more doneness if you prefer but too much and it'll dry out.

Last edited:
Although my family will not eat salmon, I happen to love the stuff. Try mixing the two with melted butter till everything holds together them press it onto the filets {just on top} cook as suggested above. Yummm!

I pan sear the horseradish mix side first then flip it and finish it in the oven. You get a nice golden brown crust that way.

Back
Top Bottom