How about fish tacos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PF--I have a "hen sitter" (who is enjoying the eggs--so no, they are NOT alone...only a biped with a key can get at them <g>).

I made walleye tacos last night. I have some pics, but I am at the library because the MiFi isn't getting a signal today...grrr...and the camaera is at home.

First I made whole wheat tortillas. I should have made 10-inch ones!

Then I chopped up all the filling stuff--Florida avacado in lime juice with fresh cilantro, garlic, red onion, some yellow and red tomatoes. Chopped fresh red and yellow tomatoes, iceberg lettuce (staple in my parents house), chopped black olives, grated three kinds of Mexican cheeses, "het up" my homemade salsa verde with more garlic, fresh cilantro, more serrano pepper, and more fresh lime juice. For the fish, I cut it into chunks (I used two large fillets from Lake of the Woods--my cousin came by on Friday and left five large walleye fillets for me that he caught that morning--he was on his way to Brainard where he lives--heard I was coming and wanted walleye--we had the first three Saturday--best walleye I've ever made but it might have been because of that FRESH egg [well, Thursday a.m.'s egg] that I used in the wash). Anyway, I then popped all the pieces in a ziplock with finely crushed breadcrumbs (to which I added a smidgen of cornstarch, cayenne pepper, cumin, powdered garlic...oh, and lime zest), and shook to coat. I deep fried the pieces for about 3-4 minutes in canola oil...we built our soft tacos and ate like little pigs. My dad's reaction, "FISH tacos? I don't know how to build one..."(I did his for him). My mom's reaction (she is the gold standard by which one measures how well one has prepared walleye--she grew up on it), "These are really good! I've never had walleye like this, I wonder if I can make these..." (I did tell them of two restaurants in town that serve walleye tacos...maybe not as good as homemade, but they'd still probably be darned good). I'll post pictures at some point, I only got one of the fish before it was put on the shell, and one before the taco was folded over (too full to roll--maybe if I'd made 10-inch shells...no, we would've just put more filling in). I couldn't keep the hungry seniors away from the plates long enough to snap more pics. You'd think they hadn't eaten in days.

Last edited:
PF--I have a "hen sitter" (who is enjoying the eggs--so no, they are NOT alone...only a biped with a key can get at them <g>).

<Timothy and PrincessFiona, dressed in very authentic looking chicken suits, slowly inch their way towards the chicken coop...bags in hand...making small clucking noises in an attempt to fit in...Princess takes out her Ajax Lock-picking kit and moves toward the lock while Timothy holds the bags...>
:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::pig::pig:

Here I am! Sneaking in...

Attachments

• Laced_Polish_chicken.jpg
    Laced_Polish_chicken.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 176
I saw Nigella Lawson prepare her "Adult Fish Fingers" on TV recently. She used lemon sole, cut into little finger-sized :rolleyes: pieces of fish, then dredged them first in corn starch, then egg, then panko crumbs and deep fried them. Bet they'd be scrumptious in a taco.

tinlizzie said:
I saw Nigella Lawson prepare her "Adult Fish Fingers" on TV recently. She used lemon sole, cut into little finger-sized :rolleyes: pieces of fish, then dredged them first in corn starch, then egg, then panko crumbs and deep fried them. Bet they'd be scrumptious in a taco.
Liz, Yum! That sounds good, as I said earlier I like the "crunch" in my fish taco! Sounds like a must try!

Back
Top Bottom