How do I oven fry fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
There is a recipe I want to make that requires me to flour, egg, and bread crumb fish fillets then fry it. I am trying to not fry. I never oven baked before - can someone tell me how?

Bread the filets as you described and place them on a rack on a baking sheet and bake in the oven.

Thanks!
They are all "fried" now and sitting in pickling liquid in the fridge. Probably crack them open tm night although I should give it 48 hrs.

Thanks!
They are all "fried" now and sitting in pickling liquid in the fridge. Probably crack them open tm night although I should give it 48 hrs.

Wait. What? You put breaded baked fish filets in pickling liquid?

I have never done fish that way, but to oven-fry chicken you bread it, then put it in a shallow pan with melted butter and bake it (turning it halfway through the cooking time). The melted butter "fries" it.

As far as the other stuff, I know nothing about it.

I noshed on a piece last night. It was really good. It actually is a sort of version of escobeche - my version is "fried," pickled in sweet and sour marinade. I think it is of Portuguese origin. Soft breading was fine - its actually more common than you would think - a lot of breaded dishes sit in a sauce of some sort (marinara, marsala, etc)

Back
Top Bottom