How long is salmon in the fridge good for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easton

Cook
I got a couple half pound slamon fillets a couple of days ago, ate about three quarters and saved the rest of it in the fridge. How long is it good for? I just had salmon two times in three days so I want to give it a rest.

You should put it into individual portion containers & freeze it as soon as possible. Cooked salmon will probably keep in the refrigerator for about 5-6 days. But don't wait until the last day to freeze it. It is easily thawed and reheated in the microwave. You may keep it in the freezer for 2-3 months.

Cooked salmon is fine for 3 days. After that, sayonara salmon. If you haven't already froze it, it's probably too late.

GB said:
I don't trust salmon more than 3 days.

you reminded me of a good quote.

"houseguests and fish begin to smell after three days..." benjamin franklin

easton, how about inviting a guest to a salmon dinner? :)

3 days tops once ya cook it... I learned this the hard way. ]

The senses test - smell, look, touch and taste. If it fails any of those, or rather if it doesn't pass all of those, chuck it. Freeze it, or cook it, or cook it in a dish (like pasta) and then freeze it.

I like to make salmon tartare in a large quantity when cheap, and freeze it in small portions. Serving it just before it is fully defrosted in summer is divine.

Back
Top Bottom