How long to cook swordfish on stove?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I have to cook swordfish on the stove in about a tablespoon of butter. I will be salt and peppering the swordfish steak. There a good inch "ALMOST" an inch and a half.

How long do I cook it on each side?

The recipe originally calls for red snapper steaks and it just says 2-3 minutes each side and doesn't specify how thick the red snapper steaks are. Plus I'm using swordfish.

You'll have to cook the swordfish longer than that. At almost an inch and a half, it's thicker than snapper.

Depending on how well done you like it and the temperature you cook it at, 5-7 minutes per side might be in the ballpark.

I have No idea, but I tried swordfish last month for the 1`st time and it`s quite nice.

Enjoy! :)

I pan-saute swordfish (& tuna & shark) all the time. Inch to inch-&-a-half is standard to thin for steaks of this type.

Unlike shark, which is a moister fish, swordfish & tuna go very quickly from perfectly cooked to overcooked, & there's nothing worse than dry steaks of either.

If I were you, I'd use several tablespoons of butter or a butter & oil mix, & cook the fish for no longer than 4 minutes per side. Then check the center with a small sharp knife, & turn & cook in one-minute increments after that until "just" done - i.e. "barely" pink in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom