"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
Old 05-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Thanks SO much ICB...I don't have a whole fish...I bought 3 filets, and they are absolutely beautiful! I think I will be a minimalist with them..and treat them with very simple ingedients today...boy, it's making my mouth water just thinking about it.. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas! I will look to those in the near future.

mdstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #12
Executive Chef
The Scorfano fish(rock cod) is my wifes favorite fish, when my nephews catch them it is the only fish I have to pay for as the restaurants on Hvar pay big money for the fish. This is because the Italian Tourists will pay $60 to $80 for a fish for two people in a relatives restaurant in the harbour.
My wife cooks only the whole gutted fish like this.
Sweat onion slices and potato chunks in olive oil, add good white wine and boil off the alcohol, add fish stock and simmer till the pots are nearly done.
Then sit the scorfano on the pots out of the liquid and cover the pan so the steam cooks the fish.
Take the fish out and place on a warm plate, season the broth (the pots should retain their shape) and serve in separate bowls.
Google Croatian Brodetto, this mixed fish stew is called locally Rich mans Brodetto if one of the fish is what you call rock cod

I was married by a judge, I should have asked for a jury.
Bolas De Fraile is offline   Reply With Quote