I didn't like salmon until tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baking fool

Senior Cook
Here's what I did. First I made a compound butter with dried basil (didn't have any fresh), minced onion, black pepper & lemon juice (no added salt because I used salted butter) & creamed it all together. Then julienned some celery, carrots, red pepper, & sliced some onion so they looked like french fries (well carrot & celery anyway). Then I put part of a salmon fillet on a bed of the veggies & put a big blob of the butter on the salmon & cooked it en papillote for ~20-25mins. :wacko: It was actually pretty tasty. I've never liked salmon much, especially because I'm on the west coast & I "have to" but I'd do that again for sure. Maybe I'd try using dill next time since dill goes well with salmon (doesn't it?). The butter melted all over the fish, leaving behind the solid stuff, and the veggies underneath cooked in the melted butter. ingenious :-p

Gald you like salmon. It's great fish.

Try this one time: A bed of scallions, ginger and garlic the salmon filet on top. Add some soy sauce and white wine. Wrap it up and bake.

Gald you like salmon. It's great fish.

Try this one time: A bed of scallions, ginger and garlic the salmon filet on top. Add some soy sauce and white wine. Wrap it up and bake.
Sounds good!
Both the methods sound pretty yummy actually.
With salmon, I love using an Alder plank and infusing a little smoke.

Back
Top Bottom