"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 07-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevInAlaska
Also very funny post. Thats my problem. I am so sadistic that I eat life forms that have NO chance of saving themselves. heh

Actually though the only problem I have with eatting animals 'besides the fact' the fact that I might not like flavor, texture etc... is when an animal is in danger of becomeing extinct (spelling?) that would be my moral issue besides making sure they are killed humanly.

I do agree that animals and plant life is bascilly a resource either given to us 'OR' thought as part of the food chain. Either view works for me.
Scientists have came out and said (on BBC news, Science Weekly, & more) that natural sea life has only about 50 more years of existance left! SO don't let fear of extinction scare ya! I'm eating whatever I can while I still can!

Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #32
Assistant Cook

Send a message via ICQ to KevInAlaska Send a message via AIM to KevInAlaska Send a message via Yahoo to KevInAlaska Send a message via Skype™ to KevInAlaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
Then is it just the fear that you may not like it that keeps you from trying it?
FEAR!!?? what do you mean?

((tries to look tuff while looking for a safe corner to curl up in for some thumb sucking))

Old 07-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #33
Assistant Cook

Send a message via ICQ to KevInAlaska Send a message via AIM to KevInAlaska Send a message via Yahoo to KevInAlaska Send a message via Skype™ to KevInAlaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Mikey
Scientists have came out and said (on BBC news, Science Weekly, & more) that natural sea life has only about 50 more years of existance left! SO don't let fear of extinction scare ya! I'm eating whatever I can while I still can!
OH GOD! heh.. way too funny! sounds like a riot way thinking... don't you think?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #34
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
OO-Kay Kevin...

Here's what ya do. Get yourself a nice piece of fish to grill/broil/fry etc. Cook until it is done! Get out your bottle of Tabasco Chipolte Hot Sauce and smother the fish in it! Grab a cold beer, and go for it!

Enjoy!
what is this hot sauce thing you people keep talking about?!

How about this, drink 4 beers (give or take. I like give) then the fish--->cook (WELL)---> smother?

heh.

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

PS... did I forget the load of melted cheese?! Cheese seemse to go good with lots of stuff! Well or by it's self.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #35
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

No cheese on my seafood please - butter, garlic and or maybe hot sauce (shrimp).
Old 07-08-2007, 07:05 PM   #36
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
FEAR!!?? what do you mean?

((tries to look tuff while looking for a safe corner to curl up in for some thumb sucking))
I'm serious.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #37
Sous Chef

Quote:
OH GOD! heh.. way too funny! sounds like a riot way thinking... don't you think?
Naw im serious doggie. No need for panic fish farms will stay in biz. I just like the way the sea effects the taste of them fishies, and want to enjoy it before they can no longer survive in their natural environment like so many other species.

99% of all life that has ever existed on this planet is extinct.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #38
Executive Chef

you may well like halibut or Dover sole. exquisit mild flaky tender white fish. best with white wine butter and fresh herbs.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #39
Sous Chef

Tilapia is a nice mild white fish. I love it.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #40
Senior Cook

Well, nobody says you have to eat fish, or seafood or whatever.
You don't want to then don't!
In a way I think I understand, although there are only 2 things I won't, can't eat:
raisins and raw oysters.
Other then those I would (and did) eat anything. And am happy to say so far didn't hate any food I tried.

So, don't worry, eat what you want and forget the rest.

Tags
None