"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 10-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Yummy, I want to die sooner too!!!

Old 10-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

It looks terrific!! And truth be told, it isn't that bad. The only fat calories are in the sauce and you wouldn't use that much sauce per serving.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #13
Head Chef

black chef I love your receipes however I would not use as much sauce per serving. I have already copied it and will put it in my receipe file.

Have a wonderful day.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
B.C.; Your clogging MY ateries with that one. But wow! That sounds really really good. How 'bout you come up North to Great Lakes country and we'll see what we can come up with? I'm sure if you did so in, say, July or August, we could catch some crayfish, and maybe some walleye (pickerell, like a giant yellow perch, with teeth). Bring with you some of that good seafood available from your neck of the woods (or should I say swamp ) and we'll create something together.

Oh if it were only possible. Seafood has a premium price attached to it around here, even our locally available trout, salmon, perch, and such. I sometimes envy the variety of food available in other parts of the nation.

Keep posting recipes like that and a bunch of your DC freinds just might find a way to invade your backyard .

Good job!

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
crayfish...? what's a "crayfish?" just kidding...

louisiana is known as the sportsman's paradise... can you imagine where i live...?

i can drive 35 min to the west and catch huuuuuge bass, white perch, etc.

i can drive 25 min to the south and get brackish water white perch and redfish... another 15 minutes, and i can catch speckled trout, etc.

all along those sleepy, south louisiana highways, you'll see numerous shrimp markets, crab & fish markets, etc. ALL FRESH AND RIGHT OFF THE BOAT when in-season. during crawfish season, i just drive to my buddy's farm in crowley, louisiana, get in one of his boats, and catch my own.

for beef, the local butcher is 5 miles from my house "down the bayou..." for pork & chicken, i get it from another butcher that's about 7 miles, "up the bayou." the only other direction to get food is "across the bayou," and that's my Mom's house.

i can get almost everything i want fresh and dirt cheap compared to supermarkets.

no need to gather-up your friends for an invasion... i'm from louisiana, all you have to do is show up with a big appetite, and we'll "have a good time."
Old 10-16-2006, 04:03 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpj4
black chef I love your receipes however I would not use as much sauce per serving. I have already copied it and will put it in my receipe file.

Have a wonderful day.
oh, after tasting that sauce, i could literally FEEL my arteries clogging-up.

like i said, i could only eat 1/2 of that "steak," and i only used about 2 tablespoons of that sauce. the amount i made was for the entire amount of seafood steak i had available.

BTW, using a good, high quality european-style butter (82% butter fat plus) makes a HUUUUUGE difference in sauces. i normally use plugra, but this time, i used Strauss.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #16
Everymom

Um....black chef? We've been looking for a location for the first annual DC get together and it sounds to me like you are right where we want to be. Do you have enough room for about oh, 100 of us to descend on you? We'll help cook of course.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:09 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Um....black chef? We've been looking for a location for the first annual DC get together and it sounds to me like you are right where we want to be. Do you have enough room for about oh, 100 of us to descend on you? We'll help cook of course.
i work in houston, texas, but i still live in the houma-thibodaux, louisiana area... i travel back & forth every week.

the houma-thibodaux area is about 40 min SW of new orleans, but to party, with food being the focal point, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND meeting in LAFAYETTE, LA, the heart of acadiana.

there's good food on EVERY corner in Lafayette, and when you ride outside the city, in the smaller towns, the food gets even better.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:14 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpj4

Have a wonderful day.
I didn't see that he said how much sauce he used. That is why I said that this is really not the artery clogger it might seem
The real deal with food is to make it "seem" rich--don't skimp on the high fat in this sauce. Just use it as an enhancer, not a drowner
Old 10-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Keep posting recipes like that and a bunch of your DC freinds just might find a way to invade your backyard .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
How about picking me up on your way down?
And then would you take a left and pick me up too please?

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #20
Head Chef

I'm coming by burro train!!! I might get there in about.....15-16 months? Hey!! I can't ride them and they don't lead well either, lol!!!!

Tags
None