I'm a wuss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the shrimp heads (cooked) the sushi chef serve you with each order of ama ebi.
aww, i'm not getting good ama ebi.

ama ebi are usually really small here. fully raw, but no heads. i want to suck on head fat, yum.

as far as fish goes, whatever anyone catches, i always seem to end up cleaning it unless i'm on a charter and the mate will do it for a tip. being good with a knife and cleaver, i also end up butchering lambs or pigs for familial or friendly bbq's.

with all due respect, i kinda chuckle at gringos, you and me, who selectively choose what native american beliefs we feel respect for.

i wonder if everyone who feels that also likes to eat the raw heart or liver of the animal or person you've just killed? you know, to gain the strength of their spirit?

lol. sorry.

Ew Bucky you reminded me of cooking heart - my husband quite fancied it, and we used to eat it years ago so it was at least a good 20 years since we had it.

Never again. I got squeamish again - must be my age I never used to be with heart - i was doing stuffed hearts and had to cut away at the tubes inside to make room for the stuffing. I couldnt eat the blummin thing when it was cooked.

He thought they were lovely. Well he can do them himself next time.

I love fish--but when I was served a lake trout in the Canadian Rockies with its head on--I had to run to the washroom and throw up. I know, poor response to the chef. He was kind enough to come out of the kitchen and remove the head. It was, I must admit, the best trout I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom