"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood

Old 06-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookbrat View Post
We really like this one....great comfort food. I never liked grits, probably because all I could find was quick grits and they reminded me of cream of wheat. I found some coarse ground grits at Trader Joe's and loved them. Never saw them there again, sighhh.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Shrimp and Grits

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
original recipe: Crooks Corner Shrimp And Grits Recipe - Food.com
I make shrimp and grits very similar to this except instead of mushrooms and green onions use red and green bell peppers and regular onions chopped in a large dice.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I love shrimp burgers. This one is good: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...rs-recipe.html

Old 06-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #13
Cook

Other than baked, stuffed shrimp, my favorite is a very simple dish... sautéed shrimp and lemon pasta and broccoli. Sauté the shrimp in a little olive oil, fresh herbs, crushed garlic & juice of 1/2 lemon and white wine (I love dry vermouth). In a large pan (I use my 10" cast iron) start shrimp, add all but the broccoli and finish sautéing. Steam broccoli for 2-2-1/2 minutes, and toss with shrimp and put aside while you cook the pasta. I like whole wheat (or even quinoa) fettucine for this, (but a thin or angel hair spaghetti will do). When the pasta is done, toss it in with the shrimp & broccoli along with the juice of another 1/2 lemon while over a low heat. You might want to add a little more olive oil. Grate a little parmesan over the top when serving. Maybe a little fresh basil on the top for a little garnish.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

I have a great recipe for Japanese Shrimp, Cucumber and Noodle Salad. This one is much simpler: Japanese Chilled Shrimp and Cucumber Salad Recipe at Cooking.com

I need to get some shrimp and make this with my bounty of cucumbers
Old 06-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #15
Head Chef

Thanks, everyone. Some great sounding recipes here!
Old 06-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #16
Master Chef

Shrimp goes wonderfully well with tomato. The next time you make a tomato salad, add some shrimp that's been sauteed in butter and garlic. Or add shrimp to your next pasta salad. Shrimp is great in Sunday Gravy. Shrimp glazed with a little seasoned tomato juice works very well on the grill, kabob style.

I've been known to put shrimp, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bok choy, onion, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger together as an egg roll filling. Serve with a good tomato-mustard sauce (using powdered mustard).

That panko-coconut shrimp mentioned above is fabulous. I also love to make shrimp tempura with pineapple sweet and sour sauce.

I once had this "burger" in San Diego where the shrimp was chopped, formed into a patty, seasoned, and served up on a burger bun. It was delicious. It was at a little restaurant on North Island Naval Air Station (I was a sailor back then). Sadly, I've never seen another one, anywhere.

I would think shrimp could be coupled with muscles, clams, tomato, and cheese on a pizza, especially if it was cooked over charcoal.

Shrimp kabobs glazed with chili powder and lime, or honey and lime.

I could go on, but I've just got to go.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Anyone ever had the Margarittaville Lime Island Shrimp, from the freezer section? it is sooooo good. I have looked for a similar recipe and cannot find one.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Home Cook View Post
Anyone ever had the Margarittaville Lime Island Shrimp, from the freezer section? it is sooooo good. I have looked for a similar recipe and cannot find one.
I haven't had it, but found this recipe: Easy Caribbean Island Lime Shrimp Recipe

Here's a simpler version: Shrimp Margaritaville
Old 06-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Thanks GG - It looks like what I am talking about.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #20
Head Chef

The Best Thai Coconut Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Thai coconut shrimp soup.

I do a riff on that by using lots of veggies (cabbage, snow peas, celery), cutting out the chicken stock and most of the coconut milk, to make a stir fry.

Serve either one with jasmine rice.

Tags
recipe, shrimp

I'm looking for some new shrimp recipes. What are your favorites? 3 stars 1 reviews