I'm looking for some new shrimp recipes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coconut and panko crusted shrimp with orange marmalade-horseradish sauce (Craig C's recipe).

Can you get fresh, head on shrimp? If so, try this:

New Orleans BBQ Shrimp Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

The recipe in his New New Orleans book uses the heads as well as the shells. The fat from the heads makes the sauce incredible!:yum: Triple the biscuit recipe!

The biscuits mentioned are not the size in the book. I'll see if I can find a recipe and post it later.

Last edited:
This time of year I use them to make a shrimp roll similar to Addie's lobster rolls.

Cooked shrimp roughly chopped with celery, a little onion and some mayo in a toasted New England style hot dog roll served with chips and a pickle!

We really like this one....great comfort food. I never liked grits, probably because all I could find was quick grits and they reminded me of cream of wheat. I found some coarse ground grits at Trader Joe's and loved them. Never saw them there again, sighhh.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Shrimp and Grits

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups water
1 can chicken broth -- (14 1/2 ounce)
3/4 cup half-and-half
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup grits (we like coarse-ground)
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3 slices bacon
1 lb medium shrimp -- peeled and deveined
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced green onion -- or diced onions
2 cloves garlic -- minced (2-4)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or 1/2 tsp)
lemon wedge

1 Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, whisk in grits, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened; add cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients; set aside but keep warm.

2 Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet; crumble bacon and set aside.

3 Sprinkle shrimp with pepper and salt; dredge in flour.

4 Saute mushrooms in hot drippings in skillet 5 minutes or until tender. Add green onions and saute 2 minutes; add shrimp and garlic and saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are lightly brown; stir in chicken broth, lemon juice and hot sauce and cook 2 more minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from skillet.

5 Divide grits into 4 large, shallow soup bowls; divide shrimp mixture into four servings and place on top of grits; top each serving with crumbled bacon and serve with lemon wedges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
original recipe: Crooks Corner Shrimp And Grits Recipe - Food.com

We really like this one....great comfort food. I never liked grits, probably because all I could find was quick grits and they reminded me of cream of wheat. I found some coarse ground grits at Trader Joe's and loved them. Never saw them there again, sighhh.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Shrimp and Grits

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
original recipe: Crooks Corner Shrimp And Grits Recipe - Food.com

I make shrimp and grits very similar to this except instead of mushrooms and green onions use red and green bell peppers and regular onions chopped in a large dice.

Other than baked, stuffed shrimp, my favorite is a very simple dish... sautéed shrimp and lemon pasta and broccoli. Sauté the shrimp in a little olive oil, fresh herbs, crushed garlic & juice of 1/2 lemon and white wine (I love dry vermouth). In a large pan (I use my 10" cast iron) start shrimp, add all but the broccoli and finish sautéing. Steam broccoli for 2-2-1/2 minutes, and toss with shrimp and put aside while you cook the pasta. I like whole wheat (or even quinoa) fettucine for this, (but a thin or angel hair spaghetti will do). When the pasta is done, toss it in with the shrimp & broccoli along with the juice of another 1/2 lemon while over a low heat. You might want to add a little more olive oil. Grate a little parmesan over the top when serving. Maybe a little fresh basil on the top for a little garnish. :heart:

Shrimp goes wonderfully well with tomato. The next time you make a tomato salad, add some shrimp that's been sauteed in butter and garlic. Or add shrimp to your next pasta salad. Shrimp is great in Sunday Gravy. Shrimp glazed with a little seasoned tomato juice works very well on the grill, kabob style.

I've been known to put shrimp, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bok choy, onion, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger together as an egg roll filling. Serve with a good tomato-mustard sauce (using powdered mustard).

That panko-coconut shrimp mentioned above is fabulous. I also love to make shrimp tempura with pineapple sweet and sour sauce.

I once had this "burger" in San Diego where the shrimp was chopped, formed into a patty, seasoned, and served up on a burger bun. It was delicious. It was at a little restaurant on North Island Naval Air Station (I was a sailor back then). Sadly, I've never seen another one, anywhere.

I would think shrimp could be coupled with muscles, clams, tomato, and cheese on a pizza, especially if it was cooked over charcoal.

Shrimp kabobs glazed with chili powder and lime, or honey and lime.

I could go on, but I've just got to go.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Anyone ever had the Margarittaville Lime Island Shrimp, from the freezer section? it is sooooo good. I have looked for a similar recipe and cannot find one.

Back
Top Bottom