ISO Good Salmon Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CraigC said:
I can't stand salmon, but I do like nova, lox and gravlax. I know, its weird.;)

+1

I keep trying, just doesn't do it for me.

I love it also, and eat it about once a week. My favorite is an organic salmon that comes from an island off Ireland. The taste is amazing.

I've been getting Alaskan wild caught weekly, Shrek doesn't like it, so I get it all to myself:pig::rolleyes:

PrincessFiona60 said:
I've been getting Alaskan wild caught weekly, Shrek doesn't like it, so I get it all to myself:pig::rolleyes:

Does Shrek like cold smoked salmon? There seems to be a theme here.

Last edited:
pan seared, then finished in the oven with a dollop or three of a dill basil compound butter

broiled, dusted with brown sugar and a shot of black rum

steamed, then served cold with a dill cream sauce and pumpernickel toast.

but finally, PLEASE PLEASE don't toss away the skin. chop into strips and pan fry in grapeseed oil until puffed and crisp. serve with soy sauce and wasabi over sushi rice.

I like marinating my salmon fillets in Teriyaki sauce for an hour then I sear them in a hot skillet till golden on both sides but pink in the middle. Delicious with steamed rice.
Salmon is also great baked in foil parcels with parsley, chilli and garlic butter. I add lemon but since you don't like lemon you could just leave it out.

Plain baked with dill butter - simply dot fish with unsalted butter, top with lots of chopped fresh dill, & finish with some very thinkly sliced fresh lemon. Bake at 350F until fish flakes.

Tried this tonight but added some capers on top and wine in the pan.
WAY GOOD.....Thanks! I am not a lemon fan but when it's cooked with the fish I found it quite nice. The juice on the bottom of the pan was amazing!

but finally, PLEASE PLEASE don't toss away the skin. chop into strips and pan fry in grapeseed oil until puffed and crisp. serve with soy sauce and wasabi over sushi rice.

I took the skin and tossed it with some fresh dill and sugar the pan fried until crispy after reading this. Salmon bacon!

Back
Top Bottom