ISO ideas for cod roe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The King

Assistant Cook
I was cleaning up some fish heads and bones I got for free at the farmers market to make stock with and found that all the innards had been left in in a piece of cod, including the roe.

Apart from pan frying it really quickly and doing the obvious thing of serving as a starter with lemon wedge, has anyone got any good roe recipes?

I'm considering marinating it in a little white wine vinegar and saffron, off the top of my head.

An alternative, I guess would be to get Scottish on it ***, and breadcrumb and batter 'em.

Hi,

I just joined this group today, so I'm hoping I'm doing this right. I had planned to just "lurk" for a couple of days and get an idea of how this forum works, but I couldn't resist this question. I have been looking for a recipe for the Greek dip, taramasalata that approximates the wonderful dip served by "Le Petit Greek" on Larchmont in Los Angeles. It's heavenly, but the recipes I have tried, all of which use "cod roe," otherwise known as "tarama," just haven't equalled the one at "Le Petit Greek."

Your question renews my excitement about experimenting on this! If I come up with a good one, I will certainly post it - in the meantime, anyone else have a good one?

Martha

Back
Top Bottom