ISO Octopus in garlic sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I buy the octopus fresh, I normally freeze it for a couple of days. Else you will have to "hit" it or it will be not come out soft...

I unfreeze the octopus, put a big pot of water with an onion and a a bay leave. When the water is boiling I put the octopus inside, wait 4 seconds and take it out of the water, wait 4 or 5 seconds, again the octopus to the water for 4 seconds....I do this thing about 4 times.

Then I put the fire down and leave the octopus for about 20 min. I switch off the fire and leave the octopus inside for another 15 min..This is for an octopus of about 2 kg.

I then cut it into pieces. Place them on a wood board. I put very good olive oil on top, sea salt, and hot paprika.

It tastes very good....

Oh, I forgot. Sometimes in the same wated I have cooked the octopus, I boil potatoes, so I take the wood board, put a layer of potatoes and then the octopus...

Dont know if I explained myself very well...

and I have to say....old people here always place a piece of copper in the water...like a coin they always have ready to cook the octopus. Do not ask me why....it is a mistery to me...

Still haven't found any of the eight legged creatures around here...

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom